RE: digital Beatles -- the mother of all licensing

Uh, well, yes, one reason might be that it is illegal, and that
with the ability of computers to search these days for files
anywhere they exist, the copyright owner can track down a person
who stores an illegal download. Remember how litigious the RIAA
has been in going after individuals? How a Harvard student is
faced with a very stiff fine for illegally downloading some 30
songs?

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2009/07/o-tenenbaum-riaa-wins-675000-or-22500-per-song.ars

I'd think twice about taking that kind of risk....

Sandy Thatcher