From: owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
[mailto:owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu] On Behalf Of
Toby.GREEN@oecd.org
Sent: donderdag 28 oktober 2010 23:46
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: RE: Ebooks in libraries

Joe,

I'm really puzzled by your final comments - "publishers are still
grappling with how to make e-books available to libraries. Who
will be the first to cut the knot?".

We, along with many other publishers ranging from Elsevier and
Springer to OUP, the World Bank and even World Tourism
Organisation, have successfully grappled, cut the knot and have
ebooks available for libraries, including all front list titles
and many backlist too (in our case, we've got everything back to
1998 in e-book form, around 5,000 titles in all).

Have I missed something?

Toby Green
Head of Publishing
Public Affairs & Communications Directorate OECD
75775 Paris Cedex 16
toby.green@oecd.org
www.oecdilibrary.org