[MUSE_News] Project MUSE News . . .

This isn't moderate price increases from project muse. There's no
difference between this and some of the for profit companies that
somehow think anything less than 10% is "moderate". Is Project
Muse reading the listservs to see what other publishers are
doing? At 6% they are an outlier as far as I can tell. Far out.
Wherever they are getting their advice from on pricing, they need
to pay more attention to their customers finances and their
overall position in the market. There is nothing that justifies a
6% increase in the budget situation libraries are in.

Chuck Hamaker

"In recognition of the continuing effects of the economic climate
on our subscribing libraries, MUSE is once again moderating price
increases for 2011 while incorporating new content into all
collections. Rates for MUSE's Premium Collection, a
comprehensive, growth-oriented collection that includes all new
titles added to MUSE each year, will increase by 6%. Prices for
the MUSE Standard and Humanities Collections will increase by 4%,
while the Basic Research and Basic College collections will see
increases of 2%. There will be no price increase for the MUSE
Social Sciences Collection. Complete 2011 pricing and collection
information will be posted on the MUSE web site by early August."