Access by non-affiliates to licensed content -- addendum

I wrote earlier today :

> Surely I have missed some things -- perhaps
> even important things. Further suggestions
> remain welcome.

Indeed there is something important which I omitted including --
as a colleague in the UK was so kind as to remind me not long
after I sent my summary out today to another list to  which I had
earlier posed the same query.

It is the Research Information Network's report entitled
_Overcoming barriers : access to research information content_,
dated December 2009.

This report "presents the findings of five studies commissioned
by the Research Information Network (RIN) to assess the nature
and scale of key restrictions on access to information resources
of importance to researchers, the impact of these restrictions,
and ways in which they might be alleviated or overcome." ( the
report, p.4 )

Links to all six documents, plus a briefing paper, can be found
at :

http://www.rin.ac.uk/our-work/using-and-accessing-information-resources/overcoming-barriers-access-research-information

This omission on my part is particularly regrettable, since this
is surely among the most relevant sources of information
regarding the question at hand ( at least as far as the UK
situation is concerned ), and indeed a source which I myself had,
I believe, already encountered not long after it became
available.

My apologies.

- Laval Hunsucker
Breukelen, Nederland