RE: May issue of the SPARC Open Access Newsletter

I thought Pippa's remark was spot on. In forty (!) years I can't
recall an intervention of the kind Sandy speculates on - can
anyone? Now that I'm an editor rather than publisher, I perhaps
have more sympathy for the editor than before, because my only
case of intervention was actually with an editor, not an author.
This editor, of a 'hard science' journal, took over his editorial
to have a rant about the British Royal Family which, I must
admit, I thought was a bit 'out of scope' for the subject matter.

Alan

Alan Singleton
Editor
Learned Publishing