RE: May issue of the SPARC Open Access Newsletter

Hi All

Pippa makes the all-important point that decisions to accept or reject
papers are made by editors, not publishers.  It is this point that is
conveniently forgotten when critics of author-pay OA journals accuse
those journals of accepting anything, just to increase their revenue.
Even in the author-pay model, the decision to accept is made by the
editor; the money goes to the journal, not to the editor.

Regards

Ken

----

Dr. Ken Masters
Asst. Professor: Medical Informatics
Medical Education Unit
College of Medicine & Health Sciences
Sultan Qaboos University
Sultanate of Oman
E-i-C: The Internet Journal of Medical Education