Dissatisfaction and user research (Was: Re: May issue of the SPARC Open Access Newsletter)

> We provide NEJM via Ovid as publishers' HTML and they're not
> even satisfied by that, . . .

OK -- a not insignificant observation (assuming *your* evidence
is solid).

Some obvious questions might then be :

1. Why not ?

2. Can that a) change / b) be changed ?

3. a) How and when ?  b) Why not ?

4. Is Muenster representative ?

The questions may -- or may not -- be obvious, but the answers
could be quite useful for everyone. Of course, seeking them
requires good, qualitative research. My guess is that that
research has yet to be carried out, or at least adequately (even
in Muenster?). Am I wrong?

- Laval Hunsucker
Breukelen, Nederland