[no subject]

There is a lot brewing with HTML 5.  I will leave it to the geeks
on the list to explain what's going on, but I thought this demo
page on Scribd said a lot:

http://j.mp/94NfUB

It's pretty clear that this is a genuine advance in a lot of
respects. It certainly poses a challenge to users of Flash, but
more fundamentally, it may get a lever under PDF, which is still
the common currency of scholarly communications.  And for
publishers, HTML 5 brings with it some relief on questions of
copying.

This is an evolving story.  I am looking forward to reading more
about this in the tech blogs.

Joe Esposito