Don King on the OA Benefit

I may have missed it, but I don't think that the community's
attention has been drawn to Don King's recent D-Lib Magazine
article:

http://www.dlib.org/dlib/march10/king/03king.html

Professor King concludes that a move to 'author-pay' OA would
provide system-wide cost savings in the US and cost no more than
about 1% of the total federal research budget.  It is interesting
that the 1% figure ties in with the figures calculated a few
years ago by the Wellcome Trust in the UK and the conclusions on
cost savings reflect those of Houghton et al in the UK,
Netherlands, and Denmark (and about which there has been no
little controversy).

David