Re: Selling researchers their own work?

Huh?  What's new about publishers asking authors to pay for
collections that include their own work and that of their
colleagues? Hasn't that been going on for centuries, in
traditional anthologies?

What I find potentially exciting, under this rubric, is the kind
of scheme just announced on this list by HighWire Press and
Sheridan Custom Publishing Direct, whereby any customer could
order just a group of articles that would match his or her
particular needs. This would presumably meet the demand from
individuals like Joe who are not affiliated with any university.

Sandy Thatcher