From: owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu on behalf of Tony McSean
Sent: Tue 10/6/2009 10:21 AM
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: RE: Changing the game

I beg to differ with Dr Guedon when he says, "Results from private or
corporation money: let each private source decide how it wants to see these
results disseminated", which is rather more neocon in tone than many of his
postings.  Than the rest of this one, indeed.

There are important exceptions to this which shade over from scholarly
communication and into legitimate regulatory, notably in the area of
pharma-sponsored drug trials.  The  many ways these can be, and are, suppressed
and manipulated have important implications for public health, and to argue this
case I can do no better than provide a link to Ben Goldacre's column in the
Guardian last Saturday:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2009/oct/03/bad-science-verdict-drug-trials
Tony

Tony McSean