From: owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
[mailto:owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu] On Behalf Of Sally Morris (Morris Associates)
Sent: 29 April, 2009 2:49 AM
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: RE: Electronic or print?

I have long thought of what we are doing not as electronic
publishing, but as distributed print publishing...

And as long as the articles we produce are artificially limited
by the 2-dimensional nature of paper, and the resultant narrative
structure, I suspect it will stay that way.

If/when publishers (and, of course, their authors) start to think
of presenting information in more useful ways that are enabled by
the multi-dimensional Web, then printing them out will become an
impossibility.

Sally Morris
Email: sally@morris-assocs.demon.co.uk