Re: Interlibrary loan language in site license - NEED OPINION

I have not seen this before, but it sounds like the
vendor/publisher is trying to make sure that no one is getting
their product for free. It does not make any sense, but just to
step into their shoes for a second, a library who may not
subscribe may regurlary request products from this vendor, not
only from your library but also from others. So, if there is a
written record for every interlibrary loan then it is a way of
tracking institutions who don't subscribe.

Like I said, it does not make sense. This is getting into a
library's privacy perhaps, so truthfully I am not sure the vendor
can legally request this. They can either grant interlibrary
loan, or not grant interlibrary loan.