U of Chicago Press Journals Division Announces 2009 Subscription Rates

rates now available

**With apologies for cross-posting**

For Immediate Release: September 9, 2008

and Canada toll-free (877) 705-1878

The University of Chicago Press has released 2009 journal
subscription rates for both individual and institutional
subscribers. For a complete list of journals published by the
University of Chicago Press please visit the University of
Chicago Press Journals website, www.journals.uchicago.edu.

The complete University of Chicago Press Journals Division 2009
rate sheet for institutions and individuals is available for
download in our online catalog:

http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/2009_journals_catalog.pdf.

Important Information about our Program for 2009

*The University of Chicago Press offers three types of
institutional subscriptions: Print + Electronic, Electronic-only,
and Print-only. Print + Electronic subscriptions are available
for all of our journals. Electronic-only and Print-only
subscriptions are available for most, but not all, of our
journals.  Please check the rate list for details.

*We have renamed our institutional electronic subscription
products in order to simplify and more clearly represent product
features and access levels. The former Enterprise-Wide License is
now called Unlimited Access, and Single-concurrency is now called
Basic Access. Subscribers at either access level receive access
to all available issues on the University of Chicago website, and
COUNTER compliant usage reports. Pricing for Unlimited Access
subscriptions is tiered and allows for an unlimited number of
simultaneous users, perpetual access for lapsed subscriptions,
and classroom & library reserve use.

*There is no geographic restriction on access for a given
institution.  Thus we have no "SITE" licenses.  No signed license
is needed either for most subscribers but we will prepare one if
your institution so requires.

*We are pleased to announce the addition of two existing titles
to our portfolio of journals in 2009:

Renaissance Quarterly (RQ) is the leading American journal of
Renaissance studies, encouraging connections between different
scholarly approaches to bring together material spanning the
period from 1300 to 1650 in Western history. The official journal
of the Renaissance Society of America, RQ presents twelve to
sixteen articles and over four hundred reviews per year, engaging
such disciplines as: Comparative literature, Emblems, English
literature, French literature, Germanic literature, Hebraica,
Hispanic literature, History, History of art and architecture,
History of classical tradition, History of legal and political
thought, History of religion, History of medicine and science,
History of the book, Paleography and manuscript tradition,
Humanism, Italian literature, Music, Neo-Latin literature,
Performing arts and theater, Philosophy, Rhetoric, and Women and
gender studies.  Publication by the University of Chicago Press
begins with Volume 62 Number 1, March 2009.

Schools: Studies in Education fills a long standing void in the
world of educational publications, providing a forum to promote
the scholarship and career growth of school educators. It
accomplishes this by giving school teachers and others a rare
space to explore, through stories and their related commentaries,
the more dynamic and complex experiences of school life in ways
that convey how human relationships, thoughts, and emotions shape
the meaning of educational experience in schools. This
peer-reviewed journal publishes scholarly articles based on
theory and research, interpretive reflective essays, brief
informal meditations and stories, and educationally relevant
reviews of books, films, art exhibitions and musical
performances. In addition, each issue features a reprint of an
intriguing passage from a long -ago, previously written or
published insight or reflection on education in schools.

Founded in 1891, the University of Chicago Press is the largest
American university press. Chicago Journals publishes periodicals
and serials in a wide range of disciplines, including several
journals that were the first scholarly publications in their
respective fields. Online since 1995, Chicago Journals has also
been a pioneer in electronic publishing, delivering original,
peer-reviewed research from international scholars to a worldwide
audience.

##

Rich Connelly / 773-753-3601 / rconnelly@press.uchicago.edu