Update about Blackwell journals moving to Wiley InterScience

Dear all

In case you haven't already received it direct via email, I would
like to provide you here with the latest update on the transition
of Blackwell journals to Wiley InterScience so that you are fully
informed.  The plan as announced first in January is still on
track and the transition will take place this weekend.

The scheduled downtime is as follows:

Friday - June 27
Blackwell Synergy closes down
9:00 pm New York (at the earliest)
2:00 am London (June 28)
9:00 am Singapore (June 28)

Saturday - June 28
Wiley InterScience goes offline temporarily
5:00 am New York
10:00 am London (June 29)
5:00 pm Singapore (June 29)

Sunday - June 29
Wiley InterScience comes back online, with Blackwell journals incorporated
9:00 pm New York
2:00 am London (June 30)
9:00 am Singapore (June 30)

I will send a further notice on Monday, June 30th, once the
transition is complete and to update you on the status.

- Blackwell Usage Data

Many of you will have requested and received usage data reports
from Blackwell Synergy in the last few weeks. Due to the high
demand for these reports this week however, there have been some
delays in sending them out and I apologize for this. January to
June 2008 usage data for Blackwell journals will be available to
download from Wiley InterScience in September.

- Access Rights

We have transferred current and historical license terms and
access rights for Blackwell journals to Wiley InterScience so you
should be able to access what your institution is entitled to
seamlessly on Wiley InterScience. If you have any questions about
accessing particular titles or queries about your subscription
holdings, please contact Journal Customer Services or your usual
Wiley-Blackwell Account Manager directly. Our customer services
team is offering 24/7 support during this transition time and
they will be able to resolve any access queries for you.

- Content

The majority of journal content, including articles in PDF and
HTML formats for current issues, backfiles, and online before
print, has been successfully loaded onto Wiley InterScience
already. However, there is some older content, including some
ceased titles, which we will load after the initial transition
and within the next two weeks. We will post a full list of this
missing content to our transition information site on Monday and
will be working to load it as quickly as possible as a priority.

- Links

All Synergy URLs will redirect to their nearest equivalent page
on Wiley InterScience. These redirects will continue to be
supported for the remainder of 2008 and until we launch the new
platform in 2009. More information about this will follow in due
course. We have also worked closely with link resolvers and other
third party vendors to ensure that their links also redirect to
the journals on Wiley InterScience. Information about the
structure of the Wiley InterScience journal URLs is on our
transition page.

- What you need to do

You don't need to do anything. We have aimed to ensure that there
is as minimal disruption as possible with links redirecting
automatically, access rights transferred, and content moved. We
understand that there will be inconvenience caused by the change
and appreciate your forbearance. We know that this is
traditionally the time when Synergy records its lowest annual
usage but if you are able to help communicate these changes to
your community of users then that would be valuable. Please also
share this information with others in your library.

For more details about the transition or for customer support, go to:

http://www.interscience.wiley.com/transition - for Librarians and
Institutional Customers

http://www.interscience.wiley.com/transition-users - for
Individual End Users

http://www.interscience.wiley.com/support - Customer Services
contact information

http://www.interscience.wiley.com/tutorials - free online demos
and training for Wiley InterScience

If you have any further questions, please contact your
Wiley-Blackwell Account Manager, contact me directly, or contact
our Customer Services team
(http://www.interscience.wiley.com/support).

Best wishes, Emily

Emily Gillingham
Director, Library and Institutional Marketing
Wiley-Blackwell
John Wiley & Sons
Oxford OX4 3EL, UK
emily.gillingham@wiley.com