BioOne to be represented in North America by PCG, from September 2008

Dear colleagues,

I wanted to let you know that PCG will take responsibility for
North American sales and marketing of BioOne, the bioscience
publications aggregation, from September 2008. PCG already works
closely with many libraries throughout the US and Canada, so we
hope that our existing relationships with you will ensure a
smooth transition for BioOne subscribers and a good service
ongoing.

Both PCG and BioOne want to make sure that BioOne customers are
well informed about this forthcoming change. I've pasted an
announcement with more details below, and I or Mark Kurtz from
BioOne would be very glad to provide any additional information
that you may need. Our contact details are also below.

Best regards,

Douglas Wright
Executive Vice President
Publishers Communication Group, Inc.
a division of Publishing Technology
Tel: +1 617-395-4070
dwright@pcgplus.com
www.pcgplus.com

****

BIOONE AND PCG ANNOUNCE MARKETING AND SALES PARTNERSHIP FOR NORTH
AMERICA

BioOne, the non-profit collaborative of high-impact bioscience
publications, and Publishers Communication Group (PCG), provider
of research, sales and marketing services to scholarly and
professional publishers, are pleased to announce their new
partnership. Beginning September 2008, PCG will provide exclusive
marketing, sales representation and library customer service in
North America for BioOne's prestigious journals aggregation
databases. PCG will assume responsibility for supporting all
current BioOne subscribers in North America, and will provide
comprehensive marketing and sales activities to ensure growth in
key US and Canadian markets.

Susan Skomal, BioOne's executive director and chief operating
officer, explains BioOne's rationale for selecting PCG:
"Today's researchers expect on-tap access to key scholarly
resources.  PCG's solid experience representing and selling
scholarly content into all types of North American libraries
helps BioOne achieve its mission of increasing access to
scholarly content.  The PCG team have been responsive to our
specialized needs during the tender process, and we are looking
forward to working with them for many years to come."

"We have the greatest respect for the history of BioOne and its
vision of engaging content providers and librarians in developing
a successful and sustainable scholarly publishing model," adds
Douglas Wright, PCG's executive vice president. "PCG is fortunate
to have existing staff with the experience of representing
mission-based programs, so BioOne is a natural fit for us.  We
look forward to leveraging that experience as we seek to broaden
BioOne's North American subscriber base through our dedicated
marketing and sales activities."

BioOne and PCG are working together to ensure a smooth transition
and wish to assure current subscribers that they will continue to
receive uninterrupted access to the BioOne databases.  Any
existing or potential subscribers with questions or concerns are
urged to contact either PCG or BioOne for more information.

For more information, please contact:

Douglas Wright
Publishers Communication Group, Inc.
Tel: +1 617-395-4070
Email: dwright@pcgplus.com

Mark Kurtz
BioOne
Tel: +1 202-296-2296
Email: mkurtz@arl.org

About PCG
www.pcgplus.com

Publishers Communication Group, Inc., a division of Publishing
Technology plc, is a full-service marketing and sales consulting
firm with locations in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and Oxford,
England. PCG was established in 1989 as a resource for scholarly
publishers to more effectively work with the global library
market. PCG offers qualitative and quantitative marketing
research, international multi-lingual telemarketing services, UK-
and US-based customer services operations, sales representation,
and strategic consulting.

About BioOne
www.bioone.org

Established in 2000, BioOne is the product of innovative
collaboration between scientific societies, libraries, academe,
and the private sector, who seek a sustainable, mission-driven
alternative to commercial publishing. BioOne brings to the Web a
uniquely valuable aggregation of the full-texts of high-impact
bioscience research journals. Most of BioOne's titles are
published by small societies and non-commercial publishers.
BioOne provides integrated, cost-effective access to a thoroughly
linked information resource of interrelated journals focused on
the biological, ecological, and environmental sciences.

***