Sent: 21 May 2008 00:15
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: The cost of peer review and electronic distribution of scholarly
papers

Dear All,

I am trying to establish (in the specific context of scholarly
journals) whether anyone knows of any research that has been
undertaken to establish the dollar cost of a) implementing the
peer review of a scholarly paper, b) distributing a scholarly
paper electronically.

If so, I would be grateful for details of what the estimated
costs were, and links to any papers/reports that were produced as
a result of that research (if they are available on an OA basis).

Thanks in advance.

Richard Poynder
www.richardpoynder.co.uk