Re: Submission in repositories by people other than authors

Thomas Krichel wrote:

Toby.GREEN@oecd.org writes

As you probably know, Repec is to economists what ArXiv is to physicists. Repec invites authors to post content, but it is also happy to have the institution do the posting on behalf of authors.
RePEc is not a publisher, but a library, based on on aggregation of over 800 publishers called RePEc archives. So it's at a higher level than arXiv.
Toby, Thomas:

Thanks for these replies. However, we are working closely to the model that RePec is following except that we are keen to have the full text of the document in our database (for various reasons). One reason is that is you try to download/ open links URLs/ files, many of them are returning with problem loading page/ 550 failed to change directory (http://ideas.repec.org/p/rjr/wpmems/071505.html) messages. This is quite normal when we have a distributed database and metadata is harvested and/or collected.

Atanu Garai
Globethics.net