American Statistical Association Selects Atypon Systems

The news below detailing the announcement of Atypon and the
American Statistical Association to work together on the delivery
of online Journal hosting services may be of interest to
liblicense readers.

Warmest regards,

Nash Pal

Strategic Marketing Manager

Atypon Systems, Inc.

American Statistical Association Selects Atypon Systems, Inc. for
Online Journal Hosting and Delivery Services

ALEXANDRIA, Virginia and SANTA CLARA, California, March 12, 2008-
American Statistical Association (ASA), the nation's preeminent
professional statistical society, has entered into an agreement
with Atypon Systems, Inc., a leading e-publishing solutions
provider, for the development of a platform for online journal
hosting and delivery services.

Better branding, better technology, and better customer service
were key drivers for the ASA's decision to upgrade its online
presence. ASA chose Atypon as their e-publishing technology
partner because Atypon is able to deliver to all these objectives
currently as well as demonstrate a continued commitment for the
future.

In addition to Atypon's superior technology platform, the ASA
will also draw on Atypon's vast experience with XML as the
association moves to provide all of its articles as full- text
HTML. The numerous statistical equations in the content of the
ASA journals add complexity to this delivery format. The ASA will
take full advantage of Atypon's support for standards such as the
NLM DTD, MathML, and STIX Fonts.

Chris Beckett, VP of Sales and Marketing of Atypon Systems,
commented:   "We are delighted to have signed an agreement with
the American Statistical Association. Publishers recognize that
the Internet has revolutionized how readers approach content, and
that their online presence is now so critical to their business
that it needs to be something they can control directly
themselves. Atypon's e-publishing expertise, our administrative
tools and ability to handle complex statistics were important
factors in the ASA's decision to select Atypon as their vendor.
We look forward to working with one of the longest established
and most prestigious professional organizations in the USA, and
helping them to maintain their position as a world leader in
statistical publishing."

"The journals of the ASA play a central role in our mission to be
a world leader in advancing the statistics profession," said
Ronald Wasserstein, ASA Executive Director. "The ASA journals are
among the flagship journals of our discipline, and through this
partnership with Atypon we will continue to be leaders as we
bring our journals fully into the digital era."

About the American Statistical Association The American
Statistical Association (ASA), a scientific and educational
society founded in Boston in 1839, is the second oldest
continuously operating professional society in the United States.
For 168 years, ASA has been providing its membership (currently
18,000) serving in academia, government, and industry and the
public with up-to-date, useful information about statistics. The
ASA has a proud tradition of service to statisticians,
quantitative scientists, and users of statistics across a wealth
of academic areas and applications. For additional information
about the American Statistical Association, please visit the
association's web site at <http://www.amstat.org>
http://www.amstat.org or call 703.684.1221.

About Atypon Systems, Inc. Since 1996, Atypon Systems, Inc. has
provided software, hosting, and systems development to the
information industry, allowing publishers to grow their business
by providing superior technology and service that supports the
electronic exchange of scholarly information. Atypon's solutions
include Atypon Premium, a complete e-publishing solution for
publishers who wish to manage the entire process of delivering
and managing their content online, and Atypon Link, a cost
effective, aggregated hosting platform for publishers who require
a well managed, outsourced e-publishing service. For further
information please visit  <http://www.atypon.com>
http://www.atypon.com

Lisa M. Hisel
Journals Manager