Gutenberg-e and HEB (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 13:46:37 -0500
From: Eileen Gardiner <egardiner@hebook.org>
To: Ann Okerson <ann.okerson@yale.edu>
Subject: Gutenberg-e and HEB

We're writing because the item on your list serve was brought to
our attention and we can answer a few of your questions as they
apply to HEB.

* Will all the titles of Gutenberg-e be included in the
Humanities E- Book series?

Yes, all Gutenberg-e titles will all be included on HEB (http://
www.humanitiesebook.org/). See also specifically:
http://www.humanitiesebook.org/series_GUTE.html

In addition to the ones now up, about 18 are already in
production and as we complete quality control and make
adjustments to the files these files will go online.

* Are the two versions identical?

The two versions are identical in content and features (sound,
video, external links, etc.); the Columbia versions are HTML and
the HEB versions are XML, which makes the HEB versions more
robust, including the ability to search within each title and
across all titles in the HEB collection.

* How should we best represent these titles in our online
catalogues?

Subscribers to HEB will receive free MARC records for the HEB
versions with our next regular MARC record update in the summer 08.

Happy to answer any further questions.

Best,

Eileen Gardiner, Ph.D.
E-MAIL: egardiner@hebook.org