Wiley-Blackwell Renews Carbon Neutral Commitment

Media Contact:
Ginny Foley
781-388-8334
vfoley@bos.blackwellpublishing.com

Wiley-Blackwell Renews
Carbon Neutral Commitment

Hoboken, N.J., February 21, 2008 -John Wiley & Sons, Inc. (NYSE:
JWa), (NYSE: JWb), today announced that it is renewing the
commitment to neutralize the carbon impact of its worldwide
operations that were formerly part of Blackwell Publishing, which
Wiley acquired in February 2007.

In addition to offsetting the carbon footprint of 10 offices
around the world, it is also compensating for the CO2 emissions
that result from the global product shipments from this part of
the business. This renewal reinforces the company's leadership
role in addressing climate change; Blackwell Publishing, which
was acquired by Wiley in February 2007, was the first global
publisher to become carbon neutral in 2006.

"As we mark the anniversary as our first year as Wiley-Blackwell,
renewing our carbon neutral commitment was an obvious decision,"
said Eric A. Swanson, Senior Vice President, Wiley-Blackwell.
"This environmental stewardship aligns with our responsibility to
all of our global customers, authors, society partners, and
colleagues. In addition, Wiley is looking to expand this effort
by exploring a wide portfolio of environmental and corporate
responsibility initiatives for the entire corporation."

Carbon neutrality involves taking inventory of an organization's
carbon dioxide emissions, and then implementing strategies to
reduce and eliminate unavoidable emissions. Wiley-Blackwell has
partnered with Carbonfund.org to purchase investments in a
portfolio of renewable energy, energy efficiency, and
reforestation projects.

"Carbonfund.org applauds Wiley-Blackwell's continued leadership
and commitment to addressing the problem of climate change," said
Carbonfund.org Executive Director Eric Carlson.
"Wiley-Blackwell's carbon reduction and offset program serves as
an example for the rest of the scholarly publishing industry."

About Carbonfund.org

Carbonfund.org is one of the country's leading carbon reduction
and offset organization, making it easy and affordable for
individuals, businesses and organizations to reduce their climate
impact. Carbon offsets enable individuals and businesses to
reduce carbon dioxide emissions they are responsible for in their
everyday lives by investing in renewable energy, energy
efficiency and reforestation projects where they are most cost
effective. Carbonfund.org works with over 600 corporate and
non-profit partners including Discovery, Volkswagen, Dell,
Orbitz, Environmental Defense, and Lancome.

About Wiley-Blackwell

Wiley-Blackwell was formed in February 2007 as a result of the
acquisition of Blackwell Publishing Ltd. by John Wiley & Sons,
Inc., and its merger with Wiley's Scientific, Technical, and
Medical business. Together, the companies have created a global
publishing business with deep strength in every major academic
and professional field. Wiley-Blackwell publishes approximately
1,400 scholarly peer-reviewed journals and an extensive
collection of books with global appeal. For more information on
Wiley-Blackwell, please visit www.blackwellpublishing.com or
http://interscience.wiley.com.

About Wiley

Founded in 1807, John Wiley & Sons, Inc. has been a valued source
of information and understanding for 200 years, helping people
around the world meet their needs and fulfill their aspirations.
Since 1901, Wiley and its acquired companies have published the
works of more than 350 Nobel laureates in all categories:
Literature, Economics, Physiology/Medicine, Physics, Chemistry
and Peace.

Our core businesses include scientific, technical, medical and
scholarly journals, encyclopedias, books, and online products and
services; professional/trade publishes books, subscription
products, training materials, and online applications and
websites; and educational materials for undergraduate and
graduate students and lifelong learners. Wiley's global
headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations
in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Canada, and Australia. The Company's
Web site can be accessed at <http://www.wiley.com/> and its
online visitor's forum can be accessed at
<www.wiley.com/go/livinghistory>. The Company is listed on the
New York Stock Exchange under the symbols JWa and JWb.

***