Article by Barbara Fister

Interesting, thoughtful piece by Barbara Fister in Inside Higher Ed. Here's the link:

http://www.insidehighered.com/views/2008/02/18/fister

The article is a meditation on privacy, sharing of information, and commercialization.

As I was reading this, I reflected on an ongoing conversation with a friend of mine, a former Congressional staffer, about the growing political need for Google to be declared a regulated public utiility, like the AT&T of yesteryear. Too much power in the hands of too few: it's morally wrong, and socially dangerous.

Joe Esposito