Trends in research database licensing

Hi all -

I'm a newbie to the this list, and was wondering if I could draw
on the collective wealth of knowledge of the group to answer a
few questions.

Our library is exploring trends in licensing agreements for
research databases, would like to know the following:

1)  Is your library managing their license agreements differently
than they have in the past? If so, in what way?

2) Does your library require vendors to sign agreements that you
yourselves construct rather than the other way around?

3) How are your libraries handling the challenge of user-based
pricing? (i.e. the time it takes to keep track of users on the
service and manage logins accordingly etc.).

4) Are any of you opting for longer contracts -- 3-5 years?

Would love to hear from you and will summarize for list (please
reply in general terms, not mentioning vendor names)

Catherine Young
Export Development Canada
151 O'Connor Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1K3
(613) 597-7860
(613) 597-8507
cyoung@edc.ca