RE: Wikipedia?

I don't think I'm old fashioned. I'm actually a big promoter of
technological change in libraries. We're in the beginnings of a
massive change in how people use libraries and Wikipedia is part
of that.  I have no problem with that -- I just want this to be
done in a sensible workable way based on facts.

I certainly am not arguing for regulation of this content --
where someone came up with that idea from my writings is a
mystery to me.

To the extent I sound "old-fashioned" it is because I practice
evidence based librarianship.  I see lots of claims and promotion
spinning around Wikipedia in the library world.  What I don't see
is a substantial body of sound research to support those claims.

(and I'm not as old as all that. geez Lisa you make me sound like
Methusala.)

Karl Bridges