Re: Study Identifies Factors That Could Lead to Cancelled

Also,

PNAS relies to a considerable extent on page charges, adn is
therefore not wholly dependent upon subscriptions, which should
offset some of the effect--it would be useful to know the
relative contributions, and it also has a considerable number of
hybrid-OA aricles, which shoulddo exactly what they are supposed
to do, which is to offset subscription loss--how much did that
help?

I imagine there is some sort of information about the
discontinuations, and it wouldalso be very interesting to see how
many of the discontinuations came from schools that might have
been expected to continue, and how many from truly marginal
places.

The experience of what would seem an indispensible journal is of
obvious interest, and it would be useful indeed to know all the
factors.

David Goodman, Ph.D., M.L.S.
dgoodman@princeton.edu