From: "Heather Joseph" <heather@arl.org>
To: <liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2006 5:53 PM
Subject: Re: Raym Crow on publishing cooperatives

Dear Joe,

Glad you found the Publishing Cooperatives article of interest.
SPARC has actively worked with the non-profit publishing
community since its inception - working directly in partnership
with dozens of scholarly societies to help them make the
transition to electronic publishing on projects like BioOne and
Project Euclid. You can see the range of partnerships that SPARC
supports at: http://www.arl.org/sparc/partner/index.html

The publishing cooperatives paper doesn't signal a policy shift
at all - rather it is simply a continuation of our original
mission of exploring new models of scholarly publishing that
address the inequities and inefficiencies in the current models.

Best,

Heather Joseph
Executive Director, SPARC
21 Dupont Circle NW