RE: Raym Crow on publishing cooperatives

Joe

Could you provide a paper where the your claim that

'The call for Open Access is simply diminishing the NFPs.'

is explored in more detail?  You have stated it, ex chathedra, a
number of times but I really can't see the logic of it and would
appreciate a more detailed argument. It would also be useful to
have an explanation for why in your view open access is a greater
threat to NFPs than, say, the continued success of big deal
offerings from large publishers.

For those that do not accept your central tenet that open access
diminishes NFPs there is no contradiction between a call for open
access and support of NFPs.

Best wishes

David C Prosser PhD
Director, SPARC Europe