RE: Errors in author's versions

Dear Anthony,

I have no intention of influencing the US government-- it is
perhaps the furthest thing from my thoughts. Do not confuse me
with those who do.

You have told me about editors' salaries, and indicated evidence,
and so have others, and I then agree my previous undersanding was
incorrect.

But the argument against author copies presented here by some
biomedical societies was about serious scientific errors, and I
will believe such an error when the citations to the print and OA
versions are given, or similar physical data produced.

It is not only you and I both who have failed to find them. There
are several hundred people reading this list who are in a
position to know of any. There were some postings that there
might conceivably be such errors in the future. I take that as an
admission that they too have not found any now.

Anthony, I would not accept anyone's word in place of possible
data, whether or not it confirms my prejudices. I should never
have deserved the doctorate you keep mentioning if I worked
otherwise.

David Goodman
dgoodman@princeton.edu

I see no reason to post again on this topic, except to discuss
something that exists.