Science for computers

The brief item below (boxed and unboxed) just appeared on Slashdot. Someone smarter than me, who is more punctilious about grammar, is going to have to figure out if this will work, but it is becoming apparent to me that the splitting of human- and machine-readable rights for licensing is inevitable.

I should add that I would love to have a screen name like "holy-calamity".

Joe Esposito

| Making Science Machine Readable |
| from the connect-the-dots dept. |
| posted by ScuttleMonkey on Wednesday June 07, @11:19 (Software) |
| http://science.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/06/07/1442221 |

holy_calamity writes "New Scientist is reporting on a new open source tool for writing up scientific experiments [0]for computers, not humans. Called [1]EXPO, it avoids the many problems computers have with natural language, and can be applied to any experiment, from physics to biology. It could at last let computers do real science - looking at published results and theories for new links and directions."