RE: Spider Activity Reports from Blackwell Synergy

I've started to see a disparity in the handling of online journal
security issues by both information providers and libraries
alike.  The level or value of trigger events differ by publisher
as does the information communicated to the library about a
possible event.  In addition, the requirements placed on the
library to deal with the possible event differs greatly by
publisher.

To address this situation, I'm organizing a panel discussion on
online journal security issues for the Charleston Conference this
fall.  I've already confirmed some panelists from the commercial
and society sectors, but contact me if you'd like to participate.
(FYI: I've already invited a representative from Blackwell to be
a panelist)

Hopefully the session can grow into a working group to develop
some standards in this area.

Thanks,

John McDonald
Acquisitions Librarian