RE: Posting vendors' PDFs

Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 10:04:48 +0100
From: "Mcsean, Tony (ELS)" <T.Mcsean@elsevier.com>
Subject: RE: Posting vendors' PDFs

I can only speak for Elsevier, but our authors' agreement includes the right to post the final, published version on a personal or institutional web site, but not the PDF version. Our website's FAQ on internet posting reads as follows:

"You can post your version of your article on your personal web page or the web site of your institution, provided that you include a link to the journal's home page or the article's DOI and include a complete citation for the article. This means that you can update your version (e.g. the Word or Tex form) to reflect changes made during the peer review and editing process".

A useful summary of the broader situation is on our web site at:

http://elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/rightsasanauthor

Tony McSean
Director of Library Relations
Elsevier