Re: Spider Activity Reports from Blackwell Synergy

Hi Liz. We were also having a rash of security alerts from Blackwell SYNERGY reporting excessive downloading. The cure was to send them our Proxy IP address. I don't know that this will work for you, but you might try it.

-Selden

Elizabeth R Lorbeer wrote:

I am trying to troubleshoot, again, a reported message from
Blackwell Synergy regarding "spider activity" from my
university's IP range.  Our previous investigation showed no
abuse on the part of our user - however we received another
message that an IP range was turned off.  It takes hours to
troubleshoot and our IT logs can't find anything suspicious. Our
license allows us to correct any abuse - however I am growing
tired of not finding any problems on our end.  Is anyone else
having the same problem with Blackwell?

Thanks,

Liz Lorbeer
Associate Director for Content Management
Assistant Professor
Lister Hill Library of the the Health Sciences
lorbeer@uab.edu