RE: Anyone using the ScholarlyStats service?

Hi Rick,

That makes sense, because ScholarlyStats does not provide usage
statistics in real time; they need to go out and gather that data
as it is available. So, canned data allowing you to explore what
the interface is like, and the types of reports you get is an
acceptable way to test what the product can do for you.
Otherwise, they would have to somehow gather your monthly
statistics for free, and do the work of getting everything set up
for your particular institution.

At the University of Alberta we now have three months of data
gathered by ScholarlyStats. We have the maximum number of
platforms currently available. The real value to us is in having
them do this time consuming work, and gather our usage statistics
in a consistent way, bringing the data from major
vendors/publishers together. I really like the consolidated
reports, that give a monthly breakdown and then total of the
usage stats for things like turnaways by month and database, full
text article requests by journal title, platform and month, etc.

While we are still in the early stages of use with this product,
it seems to satisfy our needs quite well at this point. It may be
eclipsed by SUSHI in a couple of years, but until that happens,
we are quite happy to pay a reasonable fee to have ScholarlyStats
collect this information on our behalf and present it to us in a
way that is much more usable that anything we've had in the past.

I hope that helps,
Denise
Denise Koufogiannakis, MA, MLIS
Collections and Acquisitions Coordinator
University of Alberta Libraries
Edmonton, AB T6G 2J8
Ph: (780) 492-5331
Fax: (780) 492-3695