On importance

Peter Banks writes:

 The vetting process doesn't appear very stringent. If you look
 at DOAJ... Others publish content of very modest
 importance--for example, a paper like "Listening to music
 decreases need for sedative medication during colonoscopy: A
 randomized, controlled trial" in the Indian Journal of
 Gastroenterology.

Importance is in the eyes of the beholder.

Reducing the need for sedative medication can save lives, and speed
recovery.   Some would consider these important matters; I know I do!

Both outcomes (saving lives, speeding recovery) help to save money
for our cash-strapped health systems, too.

Here is a link to this important article, in case anyone would like
to send this to a local colonoscopist or health administrator:
http://tinyurl.com/n6fgu

Peter Bank's original message:
http://www.library.yale.edu/~llicense/ListArchives/0605/msg00078.html

Heather Morrison