RE: Press release: 2000 JOURNALS IN DOAJ

What I said was: "We don't have start dates we have "OA from
year" and "Added to DOAJ - date"."

And since we work with this every day we know exactly what we
mean when we say it but it is not always easy for others to
understand.

The "Start dates" in the file you get from the DOAJ site are the
year the first open access available content is from. This means
that a journal can "go OA" in 2001 and also decide to make all
content published from 1995 OA that journal would get "Start
date" 1995 in DOAJ.

We don't have the information about when a journal first went OA.
If it is still not clear please let me know.

Best regards,
Lotte

Lotte Jorgensen
Lund University Libraries, Head Office