From: "Ahmed Hindawi" <ahmed@hindawi.com>
To: <liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu>
Sent: Monday, January 30, 2006 12:48 AM
Subject: RE: Press release: 2000 JOURNALS IN DOAJ

Correct me if I am wrong, but these numbers do not correspond to the increase of OA journals in every year listed. For example, our "Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology" was launched in 2001 and hence is counted among the 266 peak of 2001. However, the journal was converted from toll access to open access only in 2004. If you want to know by how many OA journals increase every year, you should count it with 2004, not with 2001. I am sure many, many journal are just like that.

If 300 journals get converted to OA in 2006, they will not create a peak in 2006 in the DOAJ data, because they will be listed with their launch years, not with their OA conversion year.

Ahmed Hindawi