Brill completes acquisition of IDC Publishers

Of possible interest.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 13:51:26 +0100
From: Maurits van der Feltz <mvanderfeltz@idc.nl>
To: "Okerson, Ann" <ann.okerson@yale.edu>
Subject: Brill completes acquisition of IDC Publishers

Dear Customer:

Brill completes acquisition of IDC Publishers

We are delighted to inform you that on January 1st 2006 Brill Academic Publishers completed the acquisition of IDC Publishers.

About IDC Publishers

IDC Publishers, also based in Leiden The Netherlands, is one of the world's leading academic publishers in publishing rare archival materials and other primary and secondary sources on microform and online. In the past fifty years, IDC has amassed a library of over 70.000 collections, comprising more than 800.000 volumes in the following key areas:

- Religion
- History, Art History
- Middle Eastern Studies
- Asian Studies
- Jewish Studies
- International Law
- Slavic & Eurasian Studies
- Biology

With this acquisition Brill reinforces its market position as a leading information supplier to academic libraries and researchers in these key areas of scholarship.

IDC's publications offer a valuable addition to Brill's current publication program of books, journals and online products in existing niche markets. In the past Brill has already successfully cooperated with IDC on the publication of a complete edition of the Dead Sea Scrolls.

What impact will this acquisition have on you ?

IDC Publishers will continue to operate independently as an imprint of Brill. We aim to minimize disruption for our trade partners and mutual customers as much as possible.

All IDC orders should therefore be sent directly to IDC or to your usual supplier or agent.

IDC Publishers
P.O Box 11205
2301 EE Leiden
The Netherlands

Phone: + 31 (0)71 514 2700
Fax: + 31 (0)71 5131721
Email: info@idc.nl or sales@idc.nl
Internet: www.idc.nl <http://www.idc.nl/>

Terms and conditions

The current terms & conditions offered by IDC Publishers will continue to apply.

Their terms and conditions can be downloaded from:

<http://www.idc.nl/pdf/IDC_terms_conditions.pdf>

Brill reserves the right to make amendments to the terms and conditions previously offered by IDC Publishers during the coming months. We will communicate any changes to you in advance.

How will information about IDC's titles be made available to the market ?

We aim to integrate the new titles into the Brill title information stream as soon as possible, including our Forthcoming Publications brochure etc.

We will do our best to keep you fully informed in the coming months, but if you have any questions about sales matters, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

We look forward to expanding our combined sales with you!

Best regards,

Steve Dane,
Senior Vice-President & General Manager
Brill Academic Publishers