University of Chicago Press to publish Infection Control and HospitalEpidemiology

Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 11:05:01 EST
From: sw@press.uchicago.edu
To: liblicen@pantheon.yale.edu
Subject: University of Chicago Press to publish Infection Control and Hospital
Epidemiology

With apologies for cross-posting.

For Immediate Release: January 30, 2006
Contact: Suzanne Wu / 773-834-0386 / swu@press.uchicago.edu

UCP to publish Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology

The University of Chicago Press is delighted to announce that we will publish Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology on behalf of the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America beginning with Volume 27 (2006). Full-text articles will be freely available online until April 1, 2006, via the University of Chicago Press, Journals Division Web site. Please see www.journals.uchicago.edu/ICHE.

Edited by William R. Jarvis, MD, Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology publishes original, peer-reviewed scientific articles for Epidemiologists, Infection Control Practitioners, members of the Infection Control Committee, or anyone involved in an infection control or epidemiology program in a hospital or health care facility. Articles are dedicated to meeting the needs of these professionals by providing scientific, authoritative information concerning environmental monitoring and surveillance activities, risk reduction, policy development, education, and epidemiologic and laboratory investigation. Written by infection control practitioners and epidemiologists, and guided by an Editorial Board composed of the nation's leaders in the field, Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology provides an essential forum for this vital information.

"Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology addresses a critically important area of health care around the world and is an excellent addition to the University of Chicago Press' distinguished portfolio of medical and scientific journals ," said Everett Conner, Publications Manager, University of Chicago Press.

The Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA) was founded in 1980 to foster the development and application of healthcare epidemiology and to promote the highest standard for patient care and healthcare worker safety. SHEA is an accrediting organization known for its dedication to promoting communication and education in the field. In recent years, SHEA members have also been successful adapting nosocomial infection control to a broad range of quality-of-care issues, leading to increased participation by clinicians and scientists in pediatrics, surgery, and microbiology. SHEA welcomes as members all qualified individuals interested in healthcare epidemiology.

"SHEA is delighted to partner with the University of Chicago Press to publish Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology and to broaden the reach and impact of vital research regarding quality-of-care issues," said Annette Mucha, SHEA Executive Director. "The UCP supports our dedication to information dissemination, and we are confident that together we will strengthen our commitment to the presentation of the best scientific and quality improvement methods."

The University of Chicago Press was established in 1891, making it one of the oldest continuously operating university presses in the United States. More than a century later, the University of Chicago Press is the largest American university press, with a reputation for the publication of distinguished scholarship. The Journals Division currently publishes 43 leading journals and 5 annuals in the fields of social sciences, humanities, biological and medical sciences, and the physical sciences. For more information, please see our Web site (www.press.uchicago.edu) or contact Suzanne Wu at 773-834-0386 or swu@press.uchicago.edu.

--
Suzanne Wu
Public Relations Coordinator