Re: RECENT MANUAL MEASUREMENTS OF OA AND OAA

I will be glad to see our work continued. I have no emotional
commitment to any particular value of OAA. It's the value we
determined, not our value.

Others may be unwise enough to judge OA on the basis of the OAA.
I do have an emotional committment to OA, and I share Stevan's
opinion of those who use the value as a cause for rejecting OA.
The excellent reasons for using OA do not depend on it, as
previously outlined many times on many lists. OAA measurements,
however, have already proven so unpersuasive that determining the
value more accurately might not have much practical effect. I
urge Stevan to return to the advocacy of OA.

David Goodman, Ph.D., M.L.S.
Associate Professor
Long Island University
and formerly