Re: RECENT MANUAL MEASUREMENTS OF OA AND OAA

Even accurate data can be interpreted in diverse ways. If it were
determined that there is a high incidence of OA, this could be used by
supporters to the conclusion that it has unstoppable momentum, the
conclusion that there is immediate need to arrest its further progress, or
to the conclusion that the problem has been solved.

Similarly, inaccurate data can also be used for projections that are true,
because the data happens to be right by accident. Personally, I think
likely there might be a good deal of published data on OAA that might fall
into that category.

There is no disagreement that more data is needed on this and other
related subjects, and that it be publicly available and then tested and
confirmed by others.

I believe that other groups who have worked on OAA know the need to obtain
better data--they have outlined the further work they plan, and if I were
continuing to work on this aspect of the topic, I would do much the same.

I could ask Joe and others who disagree with the OA proponents: why did
you never test the data-- or did you perhaps test it and fail to
disseminate it?

Dr. David Goodman
Associate Professor
Long Island University