Re: Your Lawsuit is Not Helping Me or My Book

Copyright law is a construct conceived to create a balance between the
interests of society and those of the creative individual. Benefits do
count. That was the whole premise of copyright law. Wouldn't it be sad if
we lose sight of the spirit of the law and focus on the letter? If current
copyright law is not concerned with the balance of benefits any longer, it
needs to change. Literalism is a great problem for the world (and not just
in law, I might add).

Jan Velterop

"Sally Morris (ALPSP)" <sally.morris@alpsp.org> wrote:

I would say the question is even simpler than Joe's formulation. To my
mind, the question is - does copyright permit it? Not should it, even -
does it? In Europe at least, Google understands that it does not.

All the articles I've seen about how arguably beneficial Google indexing
is are completely beside the point.

Sally Morris, Chief Executive
Email: sally.morris@alpsp.org