Re: Open access: a must for Wellcome Trust researchers

Dear Robert

I am glad I put in a caveat.

However there is a suggestion here. To find out this information from the
CONDITIONS UNDER WHICH A GRANT IS AWARDED you are pointed to another
document WELLCOME TRUST POSITION STATEMENT which then points you to a
third document AUTHORS' GUIDE.

I have over thirty years experience of trying to write documents that will
instruct authors how to present their submissions. Two clicks is too much
for many authors - as I fear it was for me. I suggest that under 6 (iii)
you have a direct link to the AUTHORS' GUIDE and cite the relevant
section.

I think we can agree that there is no advantage in lack of clarity about
policies. I should add however that lack of clarity is often because
companies or organisations have yet to make up their mind.

Anthony