Palgrave Macmillan acquires Henry Stewart Publications list

Of possible interest to this list. Ann Okerson

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 08:55:41 EDT
From: L.Dunn@Palgrave.com
To: liblicen@pantheon.yale.edu
Subject: Palgrave Macmillan acquires Henry Stewart Publications list

Press Release
For immediate release
Wednesday 17 August 2005

Palgrave Macmillan acquires Henry Stewart Publications list

Palgrave Macmillan, the academic and professional publishing division of
Macmillan Publishers Ltd, announced today that it has acquired 21 journals
from Henry Stewart Publications Ltd. The list encompasses all the
company's journals in management, marketing, finance, property and allied
areas.

Dominic Knight, Managing Director of Palgrave Macmillan, said:

"This represents a significant step forward in the development of our
journals publishing programme, which has developed rapidly since the
formation of Palgrave Macmillan five years ago. This brings our list to
over 50 journals, and contributes titles of excellent quality to our
successful programme of Business publications. It puts us in close contact
with partners with whom we are keen to build in the future."

Titles include eminent publications such as Journal of Brand Management,
Journal of Asset Management and Journal of Banking Regulation.  There is
considerable synergy between these journals and Palgrave Macmillan's
existing programme, which includes Journal of the Operational Research
Society, Journal of International Business Studies and European Management
Review.

The journals will also sit alongside Palgrave Macmillan's extensive
business book publishing programme, which includes influential and
innovative academic works, textbooks and professional books by leading
international authors. The list will be managed from the Palgrave
Macmillan head office in Basingstoke, UK, following a brief transitional
services period during which Henry Stewart Publications will continue to
service the publications.

The journals will benefit from Palgrave Macmillan's international sales
and marketing operations and from the Macmillan Group's industry leading
journal publishing infrastructure.  It is this global reach which has
attracted a number of organisations to seek Palgrave Macmillan as partners
in new publishing initiatives in recent years.

Daryn Moody, Managing Director of Henry Stewart Publications, said:

'In recent years we at Henry Stewart Publications have developed a highly
successful series of journals in business and related fields. Having
decided that now is the correct time to divest, we are delighted to see
these titles transfer to Palgrave Macmillan, which we are confident will
be an ideal home in which these titles can continue to develop, grow and
prosper.'

Mariam Hasan, Publisher, Palgrave Macmillan, Houndmills,
Basingstoke RG21 6XS, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1256 302855
Fax: +44 (0)1256 353774
Email: m.hasan@palgrave.com

Julie Kerry, Publisher, Henry Stewart Publications, Museum House, 25 Museum
Street, London WC1A 1JT, UK
Tel: +44(0)207 323 2916
Fax: +44(0)207 323 2918

Notes to Editors

About Henry Stewart Publications

Henry Stewart Publications is the publishing division of Henry Stewart
Conferences and Publications Ltd and has been publishing leading
professional and academic journals for over 25 years. Its sister division,
Henry Stewart Conference Studies, organises over 150 conferences, training
courses and workshops each year in property, pharmaceuticals, pensions,
finance, strategy and e-business, not-for-profit and leisure.

In tandem, Henry Stewart Publications and Henry Stewart Conferences seek
to provide guidance of direct relevance to practitioners while meeting the
highest intellectual standards.

About Palgrave Macmillan

Palgrave Macmillan is a global academic publisher, serving learning and
scholarship in higher education and the professional world. We publish
textbooks, journals, monographs, professional and reference works in print
and online. Our programme focuses on the Humanities, the Social Sciences
and Business.  As part of the Macmillan Group, we represent an unbroken
tradition of 160 years of independent academic publishing.

Macmillan is owned by The Holtzbrinck Group, which is one of the few
international publishing houses to remain in family ownership.  Companies
in the Holtzbrinck Group retain the advantages of private ownership -
stability, continuity and the ability to take the long-term view of
investment and growth - while benefiting from the strengths of a global
company trading in a range of media.

Full list of acquired titles
Pensions: an International Journal
Derivatives Use, Trading & Regulation
International Journal of Disclosure and Governance
Journal of Asset Management
Journal of Banking Regulation
Place Branding
Corporate Reputation Review
Journal of Direct, Data and Digital Marketing
Journal of Brand Management
Journal of Database Marketing & Customer Strategy Management
International Journal of Educational Advancement
Journal of Financial Services Marketing
Journal of Targeting, Measurement and Analysis for Marketing
Journal of Digital Asset Management
Tourism & Hospitality Research
Journal of Revenue & Pricing Management
Journal of Generic Medicines
Journal of Commercial Biotechnology
Journal of Medical Marketing
Journal of Retail & Leisure Property
Journal of Building Appraisal

Lisa Dunn
Publicity Executive
Palgrave Macmillan
Brunel Road
Houndmills
Basingstoke
Hampshire
RG21 6XS
tel: +44 (0) 1256 302813
fax: +44 (0) 1256 330688
email: l.dunn@palgrave.com
www.palgrave.com

Palgrave Macmillan - official publisher for the Office for National
Statistics (ONS) from January 2005
Web: www.palgrave.com/ons
Email: ons@palgrave.com

####