Ontario Council of University Libraries (OCUL) gains access to the SAGE Full-Text Collections

CONTACT:

Elena Nikitina
Director of Journals Marketing
SAGE Publications
Tel: 805-410-7204
Fax: 805-499-0871
Email: elena.nikitina@sagepub.com
www.sagepublications.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Ontario Council of University Libraries (OCUL) gains access to the SAGE
Full-Text Collections

Thousand Oaks, CA and London, UK (March 17, 2005) - Providing its member
libraries with the highest quality scholarly resources available, the
Ontario Council of University Libraries (OCUL) recently added the
award-winning SAGE Full-Text Collections to its innovative Scholars Portal
electronic journals resource. OCUL is a consortium of twenty university
libraries in Ontario cooperating to enhance information services.

"We're excited to offer the SAGE Full-Text Collections," said Faye Abrams,
OCUL's Projects Officer, "not only because our librarians have been
requesting an electronic SAGE collection for a number of years, but also
because it's the first large social science package we've provided. Prior
to this acquisition, OCUL's 5,599 journals focused on the fields of
science and technology."

The SAGE Full-Text Collections are research databases comprising over 220
of the most popular peer-reviewed journals in ten social science
disciplines. The databases offer over 80,000+ articles, book reviews, and
editorials, with all the original graphics and tables. The Collections
also include up to thirty-six years of back issues, which was another key
reason for OCUL's selection of the databases. "Such an extensive range of
backfiles is a very helpful resource for our users," commented Abrams.

Blaise R. Simqu, SAGE's President and CEO, commented, "We're delighted
that OCUL has chosen the SAGE Full-Text Collections to broaden its
information resources. We know they will be pleased both with the content
of the Collections and CSA's Illumina platform, that can be hosted on
OCUL's local servers at the University of Toronto."

About SAGE's Electronic Journal Content:

SAGE Publications offers electronic journal content via SAGE Journals
Online and the SAGE Full-Text Collections. The SAGE Full-Text Collections
<http://www.sagefulltext.com/> are full-text research databases in
specific disciplines that are distinguished by up to thirty-six years of
backfiles and linking capabilities with abstract databases on CSA's
Illumina platform. SAGE Journals Online <http://online.sagepub.com/> is an
online delivery platform that provides subscribing institutions access to
individual SAGE journal titles.

SAGE Publications (www.sagepublications.com

<http://www.sagepublications.com/> is a leading international publisher of
journals, books, and electronic media for scholarly, educational, and
professional markets. Since 1965, SAGE has helped inform and educate a
global community of scholars, practitioners, researchers, and students.

####