RE: BMC titles indexing in NLM PubMed

Dear Mr.Gillikin,

I appreciate your response (below), the response by Matt Cockerill of BMC
(available as SOAF post of today), and a number of responses by board
members at Liblicense and <https://arl.org/Lists/SPARC-OAForum/List.html>
ARL's Open Access Forum (SOAF)

One of the off list comments stated: "You make a very clear and compelling
argument.  I hope that the NLM responds to your post, since it certainly
looks like favoritism. ...I've heard that there is a board of librarians
that decide what gets indexed in PubMed."

My earlier correspondence with NLM (regarding the Neurobiology of Lipids
indexing specifically in PubMed, not Medline) is provided below, so, board
members will have a better chance to conclude on where the truth is.

I take the discrepancy between your response and the response by BMC
Technical Director on one hand, and the requirements set in NLM response
on my earlier inquiry on the other, as a boring fact of certain journals
discrimination by NLM.

On the other hand I welcome Heather G. Morrison call for "NLM to establish
different [AK:favorable and equal?] criteria for open access
publications", provided in an associated SOAF post.

I hope you noticed Peter Banks post at Liblicense on a conflict of
interest matter (that "PMC board has a member who has been a paid
consultant for the organization of a member of the BMC board.")

Sincerely,

Alexei Koudinov, MD, PhD
Neurobiology of Lipids
<http://neurobiologyoflipids.org/myjournalindex.html>