Re: OA needs its own list

I concur with Peter's sentiment that indeed the liblicense-l listserv
should include discussion of OA issues. Nor do I think that we can so
neatly prescind licensing issues from the larger debates about academic
publishing that surround us, as some seem to think, given that these
debates ultimately bear so much on questions of copyright and licensing
arrangements, and especially their future shape.

However, perhaps the thing for the moderator to do is develop a list of
acceptable points of discussion bearing on specifically licensing issues
as they relate to OA, realizing that non-OA licensing issues are already
fair game for discussion.

Brian Simboli