Re: OA needs its own list

I sympathise with what Will writes. I work part-time as a real publisher
and for me OA considerations do not loom large in my day to day activities
in that role. Just occasionally an academic now mentions OA but in the
hope that the whole thing will go away - honestly!  I of course
exaggerate, but not much.

However the great advantage of any discussion on this list is that it is
broad church. The lists Peter Suber mentions are I think all in this
category though representing different schools of OA advocates. This list
is moderated in a neutral and humane way so that we are spared repeated
advocacy from some of those who go in for repeated advocacy. Discussion on
the lists that Bernie mentions are discussions about how OA can be
achieved, which is different from discussion about OA.

Please Will let us continue to use and learn from this wonderful forum.

Anthony