Re: Load balancing

Sally (and other publishers on this list)

Does your organization have mechanisms in place to make sure that articles
are only considered in one journal at any one time?  And, based on your
experience as a publisher, what other process controls were set up to
prevent article duplication?

Chuck has raised a very important issue dealing with process control.
While I'm sure that no other publisher wants to recreate what I've
discovered in Emerald/MCB UP, a constructive discussion about what
publishers can do to prevent a reoccurrence of this phenomenon has been
missing.  Emerald has publicly apologized for their actions but provide no
details that things have changed in-house.

--Phil Davis