RE: Covert Article Republishing Discovered in Emerald/MCB UP 1989-2003

Bernie, as an author of a duplicated Emerald/MCB paper, you mentioned that
you were contacted for permission to republish (and granted it).  Did you
know that the article was going to be republished without attribution?

I have no doubt that Emerald attempted to contact authors before
republishing their work.  I do question whether authors knew exactly how
their work was to be used.  As a prolific and well-respected author in
library sciences, I can't seem to believe that you were in full knowledge
of how your work was going to be reprinted.  If you did, would you have
given your permission?

--Phil Davis