Re: Covert Article Republishing Discovered in Emerald/MCB UP 1989-2003

While I understand Anthony's point (that the editor must have known what
was going into his/her journal), I have documented nearly 70 journals that
were involved in publishing duplicate material.  While there may be, as
Anthony puts it, "less than competent" editors, the fact that I have
documented so many from the same publisher seems to suggest that this is
not about individual competence.

Over the last few months, I sent Emerald management scores of direct
questions asking about the process of editorial control, who was involved,
and for how long.  None of those email messages were answered.  Rather
than speculate, it would be easier for Emerald to explain what happened in
the past and how they changed their structure to prevent this from
happening again.  This would be the most constructive outcome from this
report.

--Phil Davis